The GPS Waypoint Manager for BlackBerry® Smartphones is a comprehensive tool for managing waypoints and points of interests (POI) right on your phone. By using the GPS in your device, your can accurately pin-point your location and map out other points as well. You also have the ability to import/export .kmz and .kml files with GPS Waypoint Manager.
Important Note: This an early beta version. It might have some bugs, please report them back to us along with improvement suggestions. Thank you.
- Start / Stop / Auto-start GPS
- Show latitude / longitude
- Adjustable units for latitude / longitude, also adjustable units for distance (Imperial / Metric)
- Add / Edit / Delete waypoint
- Save waypoints to a .kmz/.kml files and view them on Google Earth or GPSVisualizer.com
- Import a .kmz/.kml files with waypoints to view them on GPS Waypoint Manager
- Create a waypoint from current location with a name and description
- Waypoint categorization
- List existing waypoints
- Show distance of waypoint to current / last known location
- Show individual waypoint on BlackBerry Maps and Google Maps Mobile
1) Install the application on your device.
2) Click the GPS Waypoint Manager icon to start the application.
3) Move away from tall buildings, outside to an open area to have the best possible GPS satellite coverage.
4) Click "Start GPS". "GPS Searching…" will appear in the program title to indicate GPS is turned on. If you never used your GPS receiver before or it is a long time ago since you used it, it might take up to 30 minutes to obtain the first GPS position fix.
5) Wait until "GPS Receiving…" appears in the title. This means your device has obtained a GPS position fix.
6) Click "Add New Waypoint" to add a new waypoint to your waypoint database.
BlackBerry® Smartphone with internal or external Bluetooth® GPS receiver. If you are unsure, please check with your provider whether GPS is supported on your device.
GPS Waypoint Manager works best outside in an open area with a clear view to the sky.Made by
: Skylab Mobilesystems Ltd.